Sepura comes with two components: the separator and the collection bin. To install, connect the separator to your sink and plumbing, adjust the collection bin’s height and slide it into place.
Installation is easy
1) Connect the separator to the sink drain.
2) Connect plumbing, button and plug in.
3) Mount collection bin to separator and baseboard.
Bin Volume: 2.6gallons/10L
Collection Center Dimensions: 19in/48cm – 25.5in/65cm [height], 11in/28cm [width], 12.5in/32cm [depth]
Aperture diameter: 3in/7.6cm
Sink mount adapter: Universal 3-Bolt Mount Sink Flange Kit (included)
Dishwasher adapter: 0.5in/1.27cm ID barbed hose adapter (optional)
Drain pipe: Standard 1.5in/3.81cm discharge pipe
Power source: Standard wall plug [AC 100-240V ~1.6A 50-60Hz]
Power consumption: 60Watts when running, daily average: 0.67Wh
Collection Center Filter: Replaceable activated charcoal 0.2in/0.5cm [thickness] filter
We don't grind food waste, here's why:
Attaches to sink drain and plumbing.
Includes mount, drain, button and power adapter.
Mounts to cabinet and separating component.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The separating device is self cleaning.
- Does not need water to run.
- You can use bags in the bin or none. If you don’t use bags, its stick free surface makes it easy to keep clean.
- It is recommended to change the carbon filter every 4 months.
- keep all solids out of the drain
- reduce water and power consumption (it doesn’t need water to run and uses very little electricity)
- no loud grinding blades (Sepura is actually very quiet compared to garbage disposals)
- process any item (so things like paper towels, bones, pitts, tea bags etc.)
Yes. Sepura is actually encouraged to use with septic systems as it keeps solids out of the tank, reducing maintenance.
Yes. The Collection Center is designed to accept standard biodegradable and compostable liners you can buy at your local grocery store. Alternatively, you can also go bagless and with its stick-free interior surface, organics just slide out.
No. Sepura was built to reduce water and power consumption at home, it is actually better if you don’t have running water while it’s running. That said, it’s fine if you want to wash your hands or something while it’s running as well.
This depends on how much your family uses Sepura. You can leave food waste in the collection bin for up to four weeks with no odours.
Sepura is equiped with self cleaning technology so you never have to worry about it.